WSDA Pest Program
If you have heard about our proposed gypsy moth treatments – which include applying a biological insecticide over some residential areas – you are bound to have questions and possibly some concerns.
That is why the Department of Agriculture is holding seven open houses over the next month and making our experts, and some from other agencies, available to answer your questions and address your concerns about the treatments proposed for this spring.
Why Attend an Open House
Here are 8 reasons why you should attend an open house:
- Ask the Experts – We will have local gypsy moth experts available to answer your questions about gypsy moths, the proposed treatment, and the treatment product.
- Educate Yourself – We’ll have several stations where you can learn about various aspects of the project.
- Don’t Be Surprised – Treatments will involve early morning helicopters flying over residential areas. Find out what to expect so you are prepared.
- Watch It – Take a few minutes to watch WSDA’s brand new video about the gypsy moth to appreciate why it is such terrible pest.
- Stay in the Know – You’ll have the opportunity to sign up for e-mail, text, or phone alerts about gypsy moth treatments.
- Share Your Concerns – Talk to WSDA staff about any concerns you have regarding the treatment.
- Multiple Options – Attend a virtual open house online or one that is in your neighborhood.
- Share the Knowledge – Take some of our handouts and help educate your neighbors and friends by learning the facts about gypsy moth, the threat it poses to our environment, and the need to eradicate this pest.
Save the DateYou have several opportunities to attend an open house:
- February 16th – Virtual “Ask the Experts” open house webinar – Register online
- February 17th – Gig Harbor City Hall, 3510 Grandview Street, Gig Harbor
- February 23rd – Kent Memorial Park, 850 N Central Ave, Kent
- February 24th – Miller Community Center, 330 19th Ave E, Seattle
- March 1st – Vancouver Public Library, 901 C Street, Vancouver
- March 3rd – Olympic View Elementary School, 1330 Horne St NE, Olympia
- March 10th – Fabulich Center, 3600 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma